In today’s era, nearly everyone uses the internet to look for products, goods, and services. This has given people the ability to communicate with nearly anyone at any time, particularly through the use of email. At the same time, this added connectiveness also makes people more vulnerable. Hackers may be able to hijack someone’s internet connection and steal important information. They may even decide to sell it online.
Therefore, it is important for people to invest in the latest cybersecurity measures. This includes email protection. Barracuda Email Security is one of the leading options on the market when it comes to cybersecurity. It is important for everyone to be familiar with this service, what it offers, and its benefits.
What is Barracuda Email Security?
The Barracuda Email Security is an email security service that users can select. This is based in the cloud and protects both inbound and outbound email against malware. This could include spam, viruses, phishing, denial of service, and worm attacks. The Barracuda Email Security is updated regularly to ensure that users have access to the latest options on the market. There is even a Message Log with the Barracuda Email Security through which people can manage messages that might have been quarantined for later review. One of the biggest benefits of the Barracuda Email Security is the customizability that comes with the service.
Permissions Under the Barracuda Email Security
The administrator of the Barracuda Email Security service can also set permissions, which provides the user with an added degree of control. Some of the permissions in which people might be interested include:
- Administrators are able to modify the quarantine notification settings. For example, they might want to alter the frequency with which they receive emails about the list of messages in the quarantined area.
- The administrator can also create exemptions for various domains, users, and email addresses.
- The quarantine area can either be modified to shift messages to the inbox or delete them completely.
- The administrator has the power to change passwords, if necessary.
- The administrators of the Barracuda Email Security can also link various accounts. This can be helpful for forwarding specific quarantined messages to a secondary area.
This is one example of the customizability of the Barracuda Email Security service.
What Messages Does the Barracuda Email Security Block?
There are several types of messages that could be blocked by the Barracuda Email Security. The two biggest reasons why messages might be blocked include:
- There are spam and virus policies that have been set by the administrator that include the messages in question
- There are email addresses or domains that have been blocked which cover the messages in question
When someone goes to the quarantine area to take a look at the messages they will be offered a variety of actions they can take. Some of the options include:
Whitelist: Messages that are moved to the whitelist will be permitted in the future.
Recategorize: The messages can have their categories changed; however, this will not impact how the domain is received in the future.
Export: The messages can be exported to a different file type called CSV. Then, they can be saved to the desktop or network.
Deliver: The email service will attempt to deliver messages to the mailbox.
These are a few of the many options that are available to users once they take a look at the messages in the quarantined area. Overall, the Barracuda Email Security is a strong system when it comes to stopping both spam and viruses. It is important for companies and businesses to rely on trained professionals who know how to find the right cybersecurity measures for their clients.
Count on Secur01
At Secur01, we are a rapidly growing cybersecurity and IT firm that serves small and medium businesses. In addition to assisting with cybersecurity, we also help with cloud migration and maintenance plans. We would be happy to do the same for you. To learn more about how we can help you and your company, please give us a call today!